Bonne & Bonne Co.
Category: Timba, Cuba, Pop Latin, Salsa Cubana
Released: May 7, 2010
Angel Bonne murmurs when he sings, it's as if he's whispering his way through a song. Until the coros push him up front, then he starts laying out melodies that are tough to forget. Bonne and Bonne is a completely unpretentious timba record, unrepentant, looking only to its Cuban audience and therefore guaranteeing a nonstop groove. What makes it special is Bonne's voice, which insinuates, sounds tragic at times, sounds profound at others, and give the music a level of seriousness another singer might not have been able to bring.
Highly recommended. (Peter Watrous, 2002-11-24)
• Angel Bonne: Voz lider y teclados
• Wilfredo Naranjo, Jr.: Piano y teclados
• Rodney Morales: Bajo
• Carlos Leal: Timbal
• Yené Grave de Peralta: Tumbadoras
• Ariel Hernández: Bongoes
• Ernesto Caraballo: Sax tenor
• Alexander Valdés y Fernando Fernández: Trompetas
• Roberto Morales, Lázaro Pérez (El Nene) y Angel Bonne: Coros